Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Exposing Kids To New Things - Even When They Say No


FEAR of the UNKNOWN or INTIMIDATED or just UNMOVED

These are some of the reasons my kids refused to try new sports, adventures, foods, activities or anything.

This was a pitfall I refused to let them fall into. There was so many things that I never tried to do because of the above and they became missed opportunities.

DON'T LET THEM WALK AWAY without TRYING FIRST

So I made a deal with my kids. Try it for the season, and if you don't like it, we will conquer something else.

They had to make the commitment to at least try the activity, sport, or experience for the duration before moving on.

MOST TIMES THEY FIND ~ THEY ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT

In most all situations where I had them try something new, they enjoyed it much more than they anticipated. Some things, they've even stuck with for years more than the initial introduction.

EXPERIENCING SOMETHING NEW is a method of ENRICHMENT of the LIFE EXPERIENCE

This year my Speed Racer has tried Paddling (and he loves it) and my Tiger Lilly has tried working with a personal trainer and she likes it (some days).


No comments:

Post a Comment