Thursday, August 15, 2019

Priorities for a Working And Homeschooling Parent


EVERY TIME SOMEONE ASKED ME
HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO DO THIS?

The picture says it all. I had many, many sacrifices. I gave up surfing the internet for hours after work. I didn't go to happy hour with co-workers or friends unless my husband was working with the kids that night.

EVERY NIGHT AFTER WORK

I spent time focusing on my kids. Giving them my full attention. That meant giving up a lot, but it was fun, stressful, but worth it.

ACCOUNTABILITY

This is so important. Checking their work every day was what kept them on course. Helping them to understand the steps to researching and answering their problems, questions, and getting the right solutions.

GETTING THEM HELP

I didn't usually teach them. I knew I worked best as teacher support. We made sure we found teaching curriculum that taught the steps to our kids. Then we supported them by helping them with their homework, finding them tutors when they needed it.

PLAY WITH THEM

We used play to build our relationships with them. We used play to solidify topics and subjects they didn't understand.


THIS WAS NOT EASY, NOTHING EVER IS

I just guess to many people I made it look easy, because we truly loved every moment of homeschooling our kids, even though, we were working outside the home to do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment