Yes, my 13 year old got his allowance taken from him and what did he do? Innovate! He started doing surveys, playing games, and earning money through gift cards to create an allowance he could do from home.
Mobile Performance Meter is his current favorite. I have him trying one app at a time with out supervision to see if it actually works.
Now he wants to do the following:
1) Do DROP SHIPPING business online using a business EBAY account to sell items he finds for cheaper at other websites.
2) YOUTUBE CHANNEL he is trying to figure out what would gain him more followers overtime.
3) BLOG in his journey to find a business where he, as a teenager, can make passive income.
4) APP referral business to continue what he is doing.
5) TWITCH and YOUTUBE gameplay business.
MY 16 YEAR OLD has her two business ideas
1) ART BIZ, selling her art online
2) T-SHIRT ART BIZ, selling her art designs on create on demand