Friday, January 13, 2017

Your Kid's Vision Boarding!

HAVING KIDS 'Visualize' THEIR DREAMS





I'm sure you have heard the term VISION BOARDS and many people hop on that and think they should create one > but don't.

Well I have always kept a catalog of my dreams, hopes, and goals stored away in my notebook journal that I carry around with me in my purse. I started doing it when I was in my teens at the suggestion of a youth leadership conference I attended.

HOW TO for a YOUTH Vision board.

1) Jot down LONG TERM DREAMS and GOALS
2) Build a picture board of all those FUTURE ACCOMPLISHMENTS to come

THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN BY

1) Create a Goals Journal with your child
Have your child LIST the HOW TO steps to OBTAINING VISION BOARD goals

Reflect on the journal weekly

2) Mark off the NOW goals and the LATER goals

Create steps to obtaining the NOW goals.
Mark off any of the steps taken towards it.

REALIZING that DREAMS CAN COME TRUE

The exercise teaches kids that will planning, goal setting, dreaming, and research, they have the power to make their dreams come true.

IT's OKAY TO READJUST their VISIONS and DREAMS

So do an inventory one time a year and a new board, goal journal and see where it takes you.


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I think it would appeal to my eldest twin too. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of this fun planning tool. My creative teenager would like this too I think. :)

    ReplyDelete