Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My kids DO a lot in one Day.





I believe my kids are like me and my husband. Hungry consumers of learning.

I didn't realize their capacity for learning and observing material would be so vast. I mean, they spent 7 hours a day in a traditional school system. Then 2 hours doing homework which included 'after-schooling'.

WHEN OTHER PARENTS HEAR MY KIDS SCHEDULE...

They gasp.

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS TOO FULL

But when I hear how other mom's want or need to cut the hours or subjects down in their day, I question why my kids keep asking me to add on more.

ARE THEY...ta da 'GIFTED'

Now I personally have an issue with labeling kids in this manner because all of us have 'gifts' or abilities in specific areas.

So no, my kids aren't gifted. My Tiger Lilly, takes a bit of time to figure stuff out, because she prefers to really try to do it on her own before asking for help. However, once she knows it - she knows it well. My Speed Racer just has a really good memory. He recalls things faster than his sisters but has a tendency to be rather impatient when he can't figure something out.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR KIDS WANT TO LEARN MORE

Teach them! My kids do a full 'boxed' curriculum. It takes them 4-6 hours just to finish that.

Then they tell me the other things they want to learn. Spanish, Japanese, Piano etc.

You see for them...

their minds have been set free because now they have the time and the freedom to explore anything they want to.

And boy am I having a great time with them.


1 comment:

  1. Do you think there is a way to encourage this hunger? Or is it just part of the culture of your family, created by the personalities within it?

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete