When I decided to homeschool my high schooler, she and I had some major concerns. SHE WOULD MISS ALL THE BEST THINGS ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL - not!
Here's what I did to ensure she got the best parts of High School without feeling as though she was missing out on anything.
(1) Put her in a lot of extra curriculur activities similar to her High School counterparts (she played Lacrosse, loved to do talent shows, events, clubs focused on high schoolers and bowling so putting her in leagues and recreational sports was a great way for her to stay plugged in)
(2) Joined an active High School Umbrella Group (we were lucky enough to find one in our area - YOU can also create one!)
(3) High School Friends, Family Focused Meet Ups (we planned monthly outings with neighbors, friends, family of high schooled teens that were low cost and fun-the teens ran the group.)
(4) Ask friends, family who have kids attending traditional schools to 'invite' your High Schooler to their dances. (Believe it or not, this is a very easy thing to do and made my daughter feel like she wasn't missing anything.)
(5) Summer Camps geared at High Schoolers of like interest (sleep away camps worked best for us)
(6) Year Book Creation (we created a year book for her time at home and gave her the completed one at her 'graduation')
(7) Similate a graduation and celebration (Our Umbrella group does an end of the year party where the Graduates can wear their cap and gown or not and exchange words of encouragement from family and friends)
(8) Buy a Cap And Gown. A Class Ring. Take Graduation Pictures.
(9) A Graduation